Sri Ramakrishna Aarati
khandana-bhava-bhandhana jaga-vandana vandi tomaay |
niranjana nara-roopa-dhara nirguna guna-may || 1 ||
mochana-agha-dooshana jaga-bhooshana chid-ghana-kaay |
gyaanaanjana-vimala-nayana veekshaney moha jaay || 2 ||
bhaasvara bhaava-saagara chira-unmada prema-paathaar |
bhaktaarjana-yugala-charana taarana-bhava-paar || 3 ||
jrimbhita-yuga-eeshwara jagadeeshvara yoga-sahaay |
nirodhana samaahita-mana nirakhi tava kripaay || 4 ||
bhanjana-duhkha-ganjana karunaaghana karma-kathor |
praanaarpana-jagata-taarana krintana-kali-dor || 5 ||
vanchana-kaama-kaanchana ati-nindita-indriya-raag |
tyaageeshvara hey nara-vara deha padey anuraag || 6 ||
nirbhaya gata-samshaya dridha-nischaya-maanasavaan |
nishkaarana-bhakata-sharana tyaji jaati-kula-maan || 7 ||
sampada tava shreepada bhava goshpadavaari yathaay |
premaarpana sama-darashana jaga-jana-duhkha jaay || 8 || (x2)
mano-vachanaikaadhaar, prabhu mano-vachanaikaadhaar |
tumi tama-bhanjana-haar, prabhu tumi tama-bhanjana-haar || 9 ||
dhe dhe dhe langa ranga bhanga baajey anga sanga mridanga |
gaayichhe chhanda bhakata-vrinda aarati tomaar || 10 || (x2)
namo namo prabhu vaakya-manaateeta (x2)
jyotira jyoti ujala hridi-kandara (x2)
jaya jaya aarati tomaar !
hara hara aarati tomaar !
shiva shiva aarati tomaar !
jai shree guru maharaj ji ki jai !
A vesper hymn to Sri Ramakrishna – by Swami Vivekananda
1. We adore you, O breaker of the bondage of the world, worshipped by all mankind! You are stainless, yet have taken a human form. You are beyond all attributes, yet are the embodiment of all virtues.
2. O puriﬁer of all defects! O gem of the world! O embodiment of pure consciousness! Your stainless eyes, sanctiﬁed by the collyrium of knowledge, remove our ignorance at a mere glance.
3. You are verily a sea of light and divine moods, ever ﬁlled with the waves of inebriating love. Your holy feet, attained through devotion, are the raft that carries us across the ocean of this world.
4. You are the Lord of the universe, the manifest incarnation of the age and our guide along the path of yoga. We have realized this truth through your grace, you whose mind is established in samadhi.
5. O destroyer of the mass of suffering! O embodiment of compassion! O tremendous performer of deeds! You have sacriﬁced your life to redeem the world and cut the bonds of the Kali Yuga.
6. You have conquered lust and greed and have spurned the enticements of sense pleasure. O Lord of renouncers! O best among men! Grant us love for your blessed feet.
7. You are beyond fear and free from doubt. Your mind is unwavering in resolve. You have renounced all pride of birth and caste and, without any motive, are a refuge for all your devotees.
8. O gift of love and embodiment of same-sightedness! Their suffering vanishes who look upon your holy feet as their greatest treasure. For them, this transitory world seems like the puddle that ﬁlls the hoof-print of the cow in the clay.
9. Salutations to you, O Lord, salutations to you! You are beyond mind and speech, and are also the ground of mind and speech. Light of all lights, you shine forth in the cave of the heart. Destroy the darkness of ignorance there, O Lord, destroy the darkness of ignorance.
10. Accompanied by the mridanga, with its rhythmic tones, your devotees are singing this arati to you: jaya jaya, hara hara, shiva shiva.
11. We adore you, O breaker of the bondage of the world, worshipped by all mankind! You are stainless, yet have taken a human form. You are beyond all attributes, yet are the embodiment of all virtues.
Victory to the Great Guru! Victory to the Divine Enchantress! Victory to Swamiji!
Sri Sarada Devi Stotram
prakritim paramaam abhayaam varadaam
nara-roopa-dharaam jana-taapaharaam |
pranamaami paraam jananeem jagataam || 1 ||
kripayaadya samuddhara mohagataan |
pranamaami paraam jananeem jagataam || 2 ||
vishayam kusumam parihritya sadaa
piba bhringamano bhava-rogaharaam
pranamaami paraam jananeem jagataam || 3 ||
kripaam kuru mahaadevi suteshu pranateshu cha |
charanaashraya-daanena kripaamayi namostutey || 4 ||
lajjaa-pataavritey nityam saaradey gyaanadayikey |
paapebhyo nah sadaa raksha kripaamayi namostutey || 5 ||
raamakrishna-gatapraanaam tannaama-shravana-priyaam |
tadbhaava-ranjitaakaaraam pranamaami muhurmuhuh || 6 ||
pavitram charitam yasyaah pavitram jeevanam tathaa |
pavitrataa-svaroopinyai tasyai kurmo namo namah || 7 ||
deveem prasannaam, pranataarti-hantreem
yogeendra-poojyaam yugadharma-paatreem |
taam saaradaam bhakti-vigyana-daatreem
dayaasvaroopaam, pranamaami nityam || 8 ||
snehena badhnaasi mano-smadeeyam
doshaan asheshaan saguneekaroshi |
ahetunaa no dayasey sadoshaan
svaankey griheetvaa yadidam vichitram || 9 ||
praseeda maatarvinayena yaachey
nityam bhava snehavatee suteshu |
vishincha chittam kuru nah sushaantam || 10 ||
jananeem saaradaam deveem, raamakrishnam jagadgurum |
paadapadmey tayoh shritvaa, pranamaami muhurmuhuh ||
pranamaami muhurmuhuh || 11 ||
Hymn to Sri Sarada Devi – by Swami Abhedananda
1. O Supreme Prakriti, bestower of boons and freedom from fear, who has taken human form and destroys the suffering of humankind, who brings contentment to her servants who have taken refuge with her, I bow down to you, the Supreme Mother of the universe.
2. Graciously save this very day your worthless children, full of faults and sunk in delusion, for you are the ship to carry one beyond the ocean of worldly existence. I bow down to you, the Supreme Mother of the universe.
3. O my mind-bee, give up the flower of sense pleasure and drink the nectar of immortality and peace of the lotus feet of Mother, which destroys the disease of worldliness. I bow down to you, the Supreme Mother of the universe.
4. Have mercy, O Great Goddess, on your children bowing before you, by granting them refuge at your feet. Salutations to you, O Embodiment of mercy.
5. O Sarada, ever covered by the veil of modesty, O granter of wisdom, always protect us from sinful deeds. Salutations to you, O Embodiment of mercy.
6. Your heart has become one with Ramakrishna, you delight in hearing his name, and your very life has been dyed in the thought of Ramakrishna. I bow down to you again and again.
7. Your character is pure and your life is pure. Purity is your very nature. We bow down to you again and again.
8. O Sarada, O gracious Goddess, who destroys the misery of those who fall at your feet, who was worshipped by Yogindra, the Lord of Yogis, who is the protector of the dharma of this age. We bow down before you eternally, the bestower of devotion and realization, and the embodiment of grace.
9. You have bound our hearts with the cord of love. You have turned our endless faults into virtues. You have graciously showered mercy on us who are full of defects and have taken us on your lap. That itself is something wonderful.
10. Be gracious, O Mother, I humbly pray. Ever show your affection to your children. Grant us perfect peace by sprinkling but a drop of your love on our hearts which have been burning endlessly.
11. O Divine Mother, Sarada Devi, and Ramakrishna, the guru of the worlds. Taking shelter at your feet we bow down before you again and again.
Swami Vivekananda Stotram
moorta-maheshvaram ujjvala-bhaaskaram ishtam amara-nara-vandyam |
vandey vedatanum ujjhita-garhita-kaanchana-kaamanaa-bandham || 1 ||
koti-bhaanu-kara-deepta-simham aho katitata-kaupeena-vantam |
abheerabhee-hoonkaara-naadita-dingmukha-prachanda-taandava-nrityam || 2 ||
bhukti-mukti-kripaa-kataaksha-prekshanam aghadala-vidalana-daksham |
baala-chandra-dharam indu-vandyam iha naumi guru-vivekaanandam || 3 ||
A hymn to Swami Vivekananda – by Sharat Chandra Chakrabarty
1. I worship my idol Swami Vivekananda who is bright as a sun, who is worshiped by gods as well as humans, who is the Vedas personified, who shines brightly, who has broken the abominable bonds of greed and lust, and who is the visible Lord Shiva.
2. Oh, one who is like a lion brightened by the rays of a million suns, one who wears a mere loin cloth, one who shakes the world in all directions with his bold call: “Do not be afraid!”, “Do not be afraid!”, one who dances the taandawa dance like Lord Shiva.
3. One whose mere glance of kindness can easily provide worldly success as well as liberation from the world, one who is powerful in destroying sins, one who displays the crescent moon like Lord Shiva, one who is worshiped by the moon, I salute Guru Vivekananda.
Sri Ramakrishna Stotram
Om hreem ritam tvam achalo gunajit gunedyah
naktam divam sakarunam tava paada-padmam |
mohankasham bahu-kritam na bhajey yato’ham
tasmaat tvam eva sharanam mama deena-bandho || 1 ||
bhaktir-bhagas-cha bhajanam bhava-bheda-kaari
gachchantyalam suvipulam gamanaaya tattvam |
vaktrod-dhrito’pi hridayey na cha bhaati kinchit
tasmaat tvam eva sharanam mama deena-bandho || 2 ||
tejas-taranti tarasaa tvayi tripta-trishnaa
raagey kritey ritha-pathey tvayi raamakrishney |
martyaamritam tava padam maranormi-naasham
tasmaat tvam eva sharanam mama deena-bandho || 3 ||
krityam karoti kalusham kuhakaantakaari
’shna’antam shivam suvimalam tava naama naatha |
yasmaad aham tvasharano jagadeka-gamya
tasmaat tvam eva sharanam mama deena-bandho || 4 ||
Om sthaapakaaya cha dharmasya sarva-dharma-svaroopiney |
avataara-varishthaaya raamakrishnaaya tey namah || 5 ||
Om namah shree bhagavatey raamakrishnaaya namo namah |
Om namah shree bhagavatey raamakrishnaaya namo namah |
Om namah shree bhagavatey raamakrishnaaya namo namah ||
A hymn to Sri Ramakrishna – by Swami Vivekananda
1. You are the mystic sounds Om and Hrim. You are truth and the immutable reality. You have conquered the gunas, i.e. nature, and yet are adored for your gunas, i.e. your virtues. Since I do not worship your holy feet, capable of destroying all delusion and full of compassion, with longing day and night. Therefore, O friend of the lowly, you are my only refuge.
2. Devotion, divine qualities and worship, which break the bonds of the words, are indeed sufficient to take one to the highest truth. But though I utter these words by my tongue, they so not shine forth in my heart. Therefore, O friend of the lowly, you are my only refuge.
3. They quickly transcend the fire of this world who have found fulfillment of all their desires in you and who have loving attachment to you, O Ramakrishna, the path to truth. Therefore, O friend of the lowly, you are my only refuge.
4. O Lord, your name, ending in ‘shna’ , is auspicious and pure.
It destroys all taint and turns evil into virtue. O sole goal of all the worlds, as I have no place to go for shelter, you, O friend of the lonely, are my only refuge.
5. Salutations to you, O Ramakrishna, the establisher of dharma,
the embodiment of all religions, and the greatest of avataras.
Om, salutations to Bhagawan Sri Ramakrishna!
Om sarva-mangala-maangalyey shivey sarvaartha-saadhikey |
sharanyey tryambakey gauri naaraayani namo’stutey || 1 ||
srishti-sthiti-vinaashaanaam shakti-bhootey sanaatani |
gunaashrayey gunamayey naaraayani namo’stutey || 2 ||
sarvasyaarti-harey devi naaraayani namo’stutey || 3 ||
jaya naaraayani namo’stutey || (x 4)
A prayer to the Divine Mother – from the Chandi
1. Auspiciousness of all things auspicious! O consort of Shiva, fulfiller of all our goals! Our only refuge! O three-eyed Gauri! O Narayani! Our salutations to you.
2. The power beyond all creation, preservation, and destruction! O eternal one! O ground of the gunas and embodiment of the gunas! O Narayani! Our salutations to you.
3. Ever devoted to the salvation of the lowly and suffering who seek shelter with you! O destroyer of all misery! O Divine Mother! O Narayani! Our salutations to you.
All victory to you, O Narayani. Our salutations to you.
Victory and salutations to you again and again, O Narayani!